The categories below are intended for University of Michigan students, faculty, staff, and other official affiliates. To be eligible for consideration, you must create your Submittable profile using your @umich.edu email address.
To login or create a Submittable account, click the Submit button below.
- Create your own comic with a maximum length of 5 pages, including the cover page.
- Your comic should deal with a social justice issue and ideally non-violence.
- Each submission must be the creative and original work of the contestant(s).
- Computer-generated images are allowed as long as they are your original work (no clip art).
- Submit your comic in TWO formats: as a PDF (for the judges) and a JPEG file (for display purposes). Highly recommended: 300dpi resolution and CMYK color profile.
- Submit your comic online* by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:59pm.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Each year, the U-M Library conducts a research award competition to recognize and celebrate the extraordinary academic achievements of our undergraduate students. The award is given to students who demonstrate excellence in library research conducted in support of an undergraduate student project.
Undergraduate students from any University of Michigan campus are eligible to participate. Projects can be in any format or medium such as a website, a documentary or an art installation. Individuals and groups from any discipline may apply.
Four awards are given separately in two categories: the Maize Award for single-term projects and the Blue Award for multi-term projects. Awards are evaluated on the strength of a letter of support from an instructor and the applicants' research, personal essays and bibliographies.
The "Global Award" in each the Maize and Blue categories will be awarded to a project with a global component.
Before you submit, take time to review the following resources:
- Undergraduate Research Awards FAQ
- Personal Essay Tip Sheet **VERY VERY IMPORTANT!**
- Evaluation Criteria